“I am an inquisitive person with interests falling at the intersection of mathematics, programming, and research. I like to understand concepts to the core by building things from scratch” – this is how I would like to introduce myself.
More formally, I am an academician with a background in applied electronics and signal processing. This website contains my thoughts, research projects, code explanations, ideas, and fun projects.
- Domains: Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Signal Processing
- Programming Languages: Python, Matlab
- Tools: Jupyter Notebook, Git, Command Line
I provide freelance/consultancy work in academic research, software engineering, typesetting, designing, etc. Feel feel to contact me on Whatsapp (+91 949705413) if you are looking for help with any of the following:
- Help with Simulation study or Empirical research
- LaTex typesetting (thesis, journal, reports, etc.) & reference management
- Creating technical diagrams
- Creating publication-quality plots
- Academic writing
- Fixing bugs or technical problems
- Task automation through python scripting
- Data retrieval, parsing
- Data analysis
- Machine Learning Consultant (9/2019 – 12/2019)
Sequoia Applied Technologies, Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram
Worked with industry experts on NLP project, analyzing social media data. Employed Topic Modeling to identifying topics within tweets
- Data Science Fellow (5/2019 – 8/2019)
Insight Data Science Toronto, Canada
Participated in an intensive seven-week training fellowship bridging the gap to new careers in Data Science. Developed a web app which employs Natural Language Processing
- Research Scholar (2/2014 -2/2019)
University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
Carried out scientific research in Active Noise Control systems. Designed & prototyped algorithms & communicated the results
- Ph.D. Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (2/2014 -2/2019)
University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India
- M.Sc. Applied Electronics (6/2007 – 12/2009)
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
- A talk on “Introduction to Python & Machine Learning” during the Open Source Tools for Research (OSTR 2018) on 9, February 2018 at Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram.
- A talk on “Introduction to LaTeX during the Four Day Training Programme on LATEX” on 23 & 24, November 2018 at Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram.
- A talk on “Introduction Machine Learning” on 13 & 20, January 2018 at ICTAK Academy, Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram.
- A talk on “Introduction to LaTeX” during Two Days Online Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Productive Tools for Researchers, 31 st October. & 1 st November 2020, Organized by A2Z EduLearningHub LLP and SNGIST Arts & Science College, Kochi.
Honors & Awards
- Senior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission, India
- Insight Data Science Fellowship, Toronto, Canada
- NGBT GYAN Scholarship, Nextgen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies Conference, Sep 30th – Oct 2nd, 2018, Jaipur.